One of our clients is currently searching for a Business Analyst. Are you an ‘out of the box’ thinker who can back your ideas with hard research, a team player that is comfortable collaborating with developers, architects and business stakeholders? Do you have an interest in end user experience and front-end design? Do you have experience in creating rough mock-ups that get refined and extended over many iterations and make adjustment to these when necessary during development? If you can answer ‘Yes’ to these, then a Senior Business Analyst position is available to you. You will be responsible for capturing the needs of business and writing user stories, translate them into User Interface and User Experience mock-ups, create a product backlog and provide clarity during the development.
Dependent on Qualifications and Experience
Duties and Responsibilities
• Requirements planning and Monitoring: Develop a clear and common understanding of the business need with business owners, capture requirements and segregate them into functional and non-functional categories.
• Requirements Elicitation and Collaboration: Investigate, evaluate, capture and design solutions to address business requirements using visuals rather than written documents. Validate that the stated requirements match the stakeholders’ expectations. Ensure the timely analysis and documentation of business requirements.
• Life-cycle management: Use a combination of text, matrices, diagrams and formal models to conceptualise the requirements. Ensure that the requirement specifications meet the necessary standard of quality. Act as interface with business during the discovery phases and the development teams during development. Helps manage prioritisation process with business owners.
• Solution Evaluation: Ensure that the proposed solution benefits both the business and the user.
• Requirements Communication: Structure the requirements in the agreed format so that it is understandable by all stakeholders. Simplify complex concepts and ideas into user stories and functional requirements.
• Enterprise Analysis: Identify new capabilities required to meet the business need. Define which new capabilities a project iteration will deliver and be on the lookout for ways to improve and deliver better value to customers. Performing process improvement within assigned solution project.
• Project Planning: Overseeing the progress of the technical development and providing progress feedback to business stakeholders. Proactively ensures that the resource planning process take due account of other commitments. Can derive rough order of magnitude costs and benefits estimates
Qualifications and Experience
• Relevant Degree or National Diploma, preferably in a business or IT related field
• FTI Diploma in Business Analysis or relevant Business Analysis qualification
• Good understanding of business analysis concepts, tools and methodologies.
• Ability to facilitate, research, model and define requirements
• Good understanding of UX/UI design.
• Experience working in an agile development process.
• Quick problem solver with an eye for detail and accuracy
• Experience in using SQL to query databases and complete test cases is advantageous
• 4 years’ experience as a Business Analyst.
• Must have Agile experience and this must be included in the duties.
• Must have retail experience either by having working in the retail environment or for a Company that has retail clients.
• Must understand the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle)
• Information gathering and problem analysis
• Applying Professional / Specialist / Technical Expertise
• Creating and Innovating
• Quality and Detail orientation
• Developing Self
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website at www.acsrecruitment.co.za